Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 155 g cooked apples
- 90 g butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly brush muffin tins with canola cooking spray.
- Peel and chop apple into small pieces.
- Cook the apple in the microwave for
- Place butter in a heatable bowl. Put it in the microwave and melt on MEDIUM for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, brown sugar and egg to the butter.
- Whisk with fork and set aside.
- Place self-raising flour and mixed spice in a sifter or sieve. Sift into a large bowl. Tip any husks remaining in sifter or sieve into bowl.
- Add cooked apple. Mix.
- Pour half the butter mixture into flour mixture. Mix.
- Pour half the milk. Mix.
- Repeat to use all the butter mixture and milk.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Stand muffins in tins for 5 minutes. Turn onto wire rack. Cool.