Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These muffins are tasty. The added whole wheat flour gives it a little health benefit than a regular muffin with all plain flour. You can make these ahead of time and freeze them. Light brown sugar can be substituted in place of the dark brown sugar.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 muffin tins with Pam
- Sift your dry ingredients together.
- Thoroughly combine apples and sugars and then add the oil, eggs, nuts, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. The batter will be very thick and gooey.
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes. These can be frozen.
My grandkids eat piles of these. I make them as mini-muffins and cut back the sugars to 2/3 cup each. I leave out the walnuts.