Recipe by *Petunia*
I like to use Northern Spy apples with this recipe. The molasses makes it a little different.
- 5 -6 apples, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 9-inch double-crust pie shells, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly dust the bottom crust with flour.
- Add the sliced apples to fill the pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar on top of apples.
- Then sprinkle on the salt and cinnamon.
- Pour the molasses over the top.
- Dot with the butter.
- Put the pie crust on top and seal edges.
- Cut a few slits in the top.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.