Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A fragrant, spicy bread.
Make and share this Apple Molasses Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 236.59 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml dark molasses
- 236.59 ml raisins (optional) or 236.59 ml craisins (optional)
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and spices; set aside.
- Combine applesauce and molasses.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with applesauce mixture to egg mixture. Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and continue cooling on a wire rack.
After reading all the other reviews & the problem with getting this loaf done inside before the outside got black, I decided (as a temporary fix) to make this in an 8-inch loaf pan & use the rest of the batter for a couple of small loaves, baked accordingly! I included raisins & nuts here & all those great spices as listed! Had a great tasting loaf &, as with others, look to making this again during the fall/winter holidays! Thanks for a great bread! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday cooking game]
Like another reviewer, had to bake longer than suggested, which produced hard, brown edges, but a done center. The bread itself was tasty though.
Well I LOVED this bread! I am a huge fan of anything with all those wonderful spices so I added a bit more nutmeg and cinnamon to the recipe since they are favorites but followed the recipe exactly with the dried cranberries and chopped almonds added to the bread. Now I just need to find a candle that smells just like this bread until I make it again so my house will smell so nice all the time! Thanks for posting! Tagged in Went to Market Game and boy I'm glad I did!!