Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
A refreshing super low-fat yoghurt apple mint salsa from the Simply Great Meals website. A tasting refreshing accompaniment to fish cakes, potato cakes, latkes etc. When making this, I used Greek yoghurt and a tangy Granny Smith apple. Those with a sweeter tooth, and not liking so much tang, might want to omit the or reduce the lemon juice and lemon zest, and perhaps add some sugar or honey. Personally, I like it just as it is. Be guided by your taste buds! I made this first to serve with Nasseh's delicious Spiced Potato Cakes Spiced Potato Cakes.
- 3⁄4 cup natural yoghurt or 3⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small apple, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine the Salsa ingredients and spoon onto cooked fish cakes, potato cakes, latkes etc.
This is pretty good - served with veggies and fruit as a dip or just by itself with some berries for breakfast. Thanks for sharing!
I made this up and ate it for breakfast! I just added about 1 tsp. of honey, came out great! Thanks!