Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cooking Light. Also with granita recipe.
Make and share this Apple Mint Julep recipe from Food.com.
- Place chopped mint on a double layer of cheesecloth.
- Gather edges of cheesecloth together, and tie securely.
- Place cheesecloth bag and apple juice in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; cover and let cool. Pour into a large pitcher; cover and chill. Discard cheesecloth bag, and stir in lime juice.
- Pour apple juice mixture over ice cubes. Garnish with additional mint sprigs, if desired.
- To make Apple Julep Granita: pour apple juice mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove mixture from freezer; scrape entire mixture with the tines of a fork until fluffy.