Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is great with either pork or lamb and great on cracker biscuits the origional version came from a friend i have adapted to my taste
- 709.77 ml unsweetened apple juice
- 473.18 ml white vinegar
- 3-5 sprig of fresh mint
- 1182.95 ml sugar
- 50 g jamsetta pectin
- 118.29 ml chopped mint
- green food coloring
- Place apple juice, vinegar and mint sprigs in a large heavy pan.
- cover pan with lid and bring to the boil then boil for 10 minutes.
- remove mint sprigs add sugar and jamsetta cook over low heat stirring till all is dissolved.
- boil rapidly for about 15 minutes tillmixture gels remove from heat add mint and enough green colouring to give nice colour stand 5 minutes then bottle.
- keeps well.