Recipe by Member #610488
Created at the suggestion of Sharon123 during the Zaar World Tour 4. Does not count freezing and cooling time.
Top Review by Sharon123
I had never tried apple granita, and now I'm so glad I did! So nice and cool and refreshing with just the right amount of sweetness! Thanks so much Celticevergreen! Made for ZWT4!
- 4 cups clear unsweetened apple juice
- 10 mint leaves
- 4 cups organic unsweetened applesauce
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix apple juice and mint leaves and allow to combine overnight in refrigerator. Strain mint leaves out of apple juice.
- Place a shallow metal pan in freezer. In a nonreactive saucepan, combine applesauce, mint flavored apple juice, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered about 20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Pour apple mixture into chilled pan; return to freezer. Stir every 20 minutes until it thickens into coarse crystals, about 1 hour.
- Stir granita and mound into small cups. Serve immediately.