Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is excellent--it has a hint of apple pie taste built right in. It is really good.
Top Review by John W Wenzelburger
VERY good meat loaf. It does not taste at all like apple, but who cares, it's great anyway. Next time I will cut the apple into 1/4 inch cubes maybe it will have more apple taste and give it a little crunch. I put canned french fried onions on top. and made it with 1.5 lb ground turkey. Which filled a 4 1/2 X 8 glass loaf pan
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cups of finely chopped peeled and cored apples
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the onions in butter until soft.
- In large bowl, combine the onion, beef, bread, crumbs, apples, eggs, parsley, pepper, and ketchup.
- Form into a loaf and place in a 10x14-inch baking pan or pack into a large greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.