Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Kosher Tasty Meals, Kadimah Toras-Moshe Cookbook. It's different from the other apple meatloaf recipes posted. This has ground beef, onion, apple, ketchup, honey, soy sauce, egg, and bread crumbs. Yet to try it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup apple, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 apple, with skin on, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, diced apple, soy sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste in a bowl,.
- Form meat mixture into a loaf and place on a baking pan.
- Insert the 8 apple wedges into the top of the meatloaf.
- Combine the honey and ketchup and drizzle it over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in preheated oven or 1 hour.
This was very good, my family enjoyed it. It was a very different type of meatloaf and we enjoyed the change. I think I would probably double the topping next time, I like a little more sauce with mine. Thanks for sharing! Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2009 event.