Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so good! It's a great dessert with non-dairy whipped topping or ice cream.
- 3 -4 cups farfel or 4 matzos, broken into small pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup pareve margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 large apples, pared & sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- butter or pareve margarine
- Soak farfel or matzo pieces in water until soft.
- Drain but do not squeeze dry.
- Beat eggs with salt, sugar, melted butter or margarine and cinnamon.
- Add to matzo mixture.
- Stir in chopped nuts, chopped apples and raisins.
- Dot with additional butter or margarine.
- Bake in a moderate oven ~ 350ºF ~ for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
This a great, easy recipe. I reduced the butter by just a little, and baked in 8 in square baking dish. Turned out just right. Thanks!