Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I halved the recipe and used a Granny Smith apple which I minced rather than pureed. This was a great taste sensation - especially with the nutmeg. Thanks Boomette for a great new way to make mashed potatoes more special. Made for Gimme 5 tag game.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, minced (McIntosh, Empire or Spartan)
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup 15% cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook apples and shallot in 2 tablespoon of butter until very tender.
- Put cooked apples in the saucepan with the drained potatoes.
- With a potato masher, roughly mash the mixture with the remaining butter.
- Then, with an electric mixer, reduce the mixture in a puree with the cream and nutmeg.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve now.