Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from Ricardo.
Make and share this Apple Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, minced (McIntosh, Empire or Spartan)
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup 15% cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook apples and shallot in 2 tablespoon of butter until very tender.
- Put cooked apples in the saucepan with the drained potatoes.
- With a potato masher, roughly mash the mixture with the remaining butter.
- Then, with an electric mixer, reduce the mixture in a puree with the cream and nutmeg.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve now.
Yum! I halved the recipe and used a Granny Smith apple which I minced rather than pureed. This was a great taste sensation - especially with the nutmeg. Thanks Boomette for a great new way to make mashed potatoes more special. Made for Gimme 5 tag game.
This recipe definitely makes special mashed potatoes: they were delicious! Thanks.
This is our first time to have apples mixed with shallots and potatoes. It really challenges our palate but it was good. Thanks for letting us know how an apple mashed potatoes taste like. We had this for dinner. Made for PRMR.