- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes, apples and salt in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and apples. Add the butter, vinegar and sugar; mash until smooth. Top with bacon, onion and nutmeg.