Recipe by LAURIE
This recipe intrigued me with the odd combination of potatoes and apples, then I thought why not we eat applesauce with potato pancakes, so I posted it for the Zaar World Tour. Will try as soon as I get my winter 50 lb bag of potatoes!
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cook in salted, boiling water.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples. Place them in a pot with a tablespoon of water, and the sugar.
- Cook until soft.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain and mash thoroughly.
- Beat in the apples and butter.
- This mash goes particularly well with bacon, or fried herring.