Recipe by Dib's
This a great recipe to give as gifts at Christmas-tasty and easy to make!
Top Review by Roger/OH
The recipe is fantastic. The flavor is hard to discribe. The first thing that hits you, is the pucker power of the lemons followed imediately by the sweetness and cinnamon. The hardest part is peeeling the apples. I hate peeling anything. We will be making more for our use and Christmas presents.
- 6 cups peeled cored and sliced apples
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (57 g) package fruit pectin
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stainless or enamel stock pot combine the apples, water and lemon juice.
- Cover and boil gently for 15 minutes, stirring 3 or 4 times to prevent sticking.
- Stir in fruit pectin.
- Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar, lemon slices and cinnamon.
- Return to a full boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and ladle into clean hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Adjust times for higher altitudes.