Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An old German Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups apples, suitable for baking
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Mix the first five items well, add egg and mix well again.
- Blend in grated apples.
- Pour in well greased 8x8 pan pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and nuts if desired.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with cream.
This was the quickest little cake I've ever made! I was concerned as there was no liquid in the recipe, but the apples add all the moisture needed to make a moist flavorful dessert. I substituted Splenda for the sugar in the mix, and it still came out great. Thanks Beegirl for another keeper recipe ~ we just loved this. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
fantastic!!! I made this tonight for my wife and it turned out great. I added a pinch of ginger and nutmeg along with the sugar and cinnamon and it helped. Thanks for the recipe!