Recipe by LAURIE
This is from another web site but is so awesome tasting that you will want to try it for sure!!! And its sooooo simple!! If the glaze is prepared ahead of time it will thicken, just reheat it in the micro until it melts and then use it. UPDATE:::Made this again the other day and DID marinate it. I made the sauce, added the pork and popped in the fridge for 2 hours, took out the pork and put on the grill and microwaved the sauce, if you dont heat the sauce it will be WAY too sticky for the grill and believe me you will have a mess! I have also done this with some very thick (1 1/2 inch) cook out style pork chops and they were super too!
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of tenderloins.
- In a small saucepan, combine syrup, jelly and garlic.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and boil gently until thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup, (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Brush half of syrup mixture over tenderloins.
- Grill, covered over medium coals 10 minutes, turning once.
- Brush remaining syrup mixture over tenderloins.
- Continue to grill 5 to 10.
- minutes or until instant read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers.
- 160 degrees (tenderloins will be barely pink in center), turning once.
- Carve tenderloins crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.