Prep 8 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This is great served with rice pilaf and fresh green beans. For dessert I like to serve a huge slice of fresh peach pie topped with vanilla ice cream. (Talk about a great 4th of July feast--this is it).
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup or 1⁄2 cup real maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin (about)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Stir water, cider,maple syrup and salt in large container or stockpot until the salt is dissolved. Add the pork to the brine mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, but no longer than 12.
- Heat coals of gas grill for direct heat. Remove pork from brine mixture and rinse thoroughly under cool running water; pat dry.
- Discard brine. Sprinkle pork with rosemary, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover and grill pork 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until pork has a slight blush of pink in center and reads 160°F on a meat thermometer.
This is a easy and wonderful recipe to make. It makes the tenderloin so juicy and flavorful. It's a meal I would make over and over. My husband justs loves it as well. I only make one at a time as there is only 2 of us.