Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The title says it all.
- 1 apple
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 red shallots (Minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced, dry will do if you don't have fresh)
- 1 (355 ml) bottle beer (I use an amber ale, but use whatever type of beer you like)
- salt and pepper
- 24 ounces salmon fillets
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- Peel, core and cut the apple into chunks.
- In a saucepan place apple and maple syrup and cook on medium heat covered until it turns into an applesauce.
- Add soy sauce, garlic, shallots, ginger, beer, salt and pepper to the applesauce. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Place salmon in a pan and cover with sauce. Cook in over for 10-12 minutes or until salmon is cooked.