1/2 Photos of Apple & Mango Curried Chicken Salad
A.B. Hall's Note:
This salad is fresh and appealing with several distinct flavors that meld together beautifully. The apple and celery add a nice crunch and there is a mild spicy kick with the addition of curry powder. For guests who enjoy curry, I would definitely entertain with this dish. It is filling, delicious and it presents well. This recipe is adapted from Good Housekeeping light and healthy recipes (2007).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 tablespoons low-fat yogurt (1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 mango, ripe (substitute mandarin orange slices, if desired)
- 1 apple, a small Fiji apple (if you would like more tang, use a less-sweet apple such as Granny Smith)
- 1 stalk celery, medium sized
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6 -8 sprigs cilantro
- 1 cup greens (field greens, about two small handfuls)
- 1Cook the chicken breast in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes (until no longer pink in the center).
- 2As the chicken is baking, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, salsa, lime juice and curry powder in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- 3Peel and de-seed the mango then chop into half-inch chunks (I haven’t tried this salad with mandarin orange slices, but I think they would make a nice substitution if mango is unavailable).
- 4Remove the apple’s core and chop into one-inch chunks. Chop the celery into 1/4-1/2 inch chunks. Cut the fresh mozzarella into one-inch chunks.
- 5Add the mango, apple, celery and mozzarella to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- 6Finely chop the cilantro. Add the cilantro and field greens to the bowl and stir to combine.
- 7Shred the cooked chicken after it has cooled (cutting the chicken into small cubes would work as well, but shredded chicken adds a nice texture to the dish). Add to the bowl and toss.
- 8Serves four as a small dish or serves two as a large dish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple & Mango Curried Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.8
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 681.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 42.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: