Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great recipe to take in an insulated carrier to potlucks! A nice change from plain apple crisp, and it goes together quickly, too. The original recipe (BHG) called for two fresh mangoes, I used frozen chunks instead (less work!).
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 green apples, cored & chopped coarsely (see note)
- 3 red apples, cored & chopped coarsely (see note)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 cups frozen mangoes, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 13x9 cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together first five ingredients; stir in butter--distributing evenly. Set aside.
- Place apples in large bowl, sprinkle with lime juice, then remaining flour; stir to mix, then fold in mango chunks.
- Pour apple-mango mixture into prepared pan; top with oat-sugar mixture.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes; sprinkle with pecans, bake another 10-15 minutes (apples should be tender throughout).
- Cool slightly, serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- NOTE: My hubby noted that he would prefer the apples to be peeled next time.
oh, this is good!! I did add some blueberries but other wise followed as is. thanks so much for the great recipe!!
The *best* crisp topping I've ever made - tastes like an oatmeal cookie! I made a couple of non-critical changes along the way- used all Fuji apples (unpeeled) and fresh yellow mango. My apples weren't very sweet and juicy so I added a little sugar to the flour before tossing. Hot from the oven and topped with vanilla ice cream - does it get any better than this? Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!