Recipe by English_Rose
The humble crumble is given an exotic, tropical twist in this simple but delicious recipe for this classic dessert.
- 4 dessert apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 ounce brown sugar
- 5 1⁄4 ounces plain flour
- 2 1⁄2 ounces butter, softened
- 2 ounces superfine sugar
- 6 bananas
- 1 mango
- coconut ice cream, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F In a small, covered, heavy-based saucepan cook the apple, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of water for 10-15 minutes until the apple is softened. Set aside to cool.
- Make the crumble topping. Place the flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Chop the bananas. Peel the mango, discarding large central stone, and cut the flesh into small chunks.
- Mix together the stewed apple, banana and mango and layer in an ovenproof serving dish. Spread the crumble topping over the fruit.
- Bake the crumble for 25 minutes until golden-brown. Serve warm from the oven with ice cream.