Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
The humble crumble is given an exotic, tropical twist in this simple but delicious recipe for this classic dessert.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F In a small, covered, heavy-based saucepan cook the apple, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of water for 10-15 minutes until the apple is softened. Set aside to cool.
- Make the crumble topping. Place the flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Chop the bananas. Peel the mango, discarding large central stone, and cut the flesh into small chunks.
- Mix together the stewed apple, banana and mango and layer in an ovenproof serving dish. Spread the crumble topping over the fruit.
- Bake the crumble for 25 minutes until golden-brown. Serve warm from the oven with ice cream.