The humble crumble is given an exotic, tropical twist in this simple but delicious recipe for this classic dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F In a small, covered, heavy-based saucepan cook the apple, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of water for 10-15 minutes until the apple is softened. Set aside to cool.
- 2Make the crumble topping. Place the flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- 3Chop the bananas. Peel the mango, discarding large central stone, and cut the flesh into small chunks.
- 4Mix together the stewed apple, banana and mango and layer in an ovenproof serving dish. Spread the crumble topping over the fruit.
- 5Bake the crumble for 25 minutes until golden-brown. Serve warm from the oven with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Mango and Banana Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 109.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 64.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g