Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a single-dish, oven cooked casserole from my mother-in-law that makes great use of autumn apples. It's very good hot as a side with pork, but it's also pretty darn good cold.
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 5 medium apples
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Cook macaroni in salted water till tender and drain.
- Melt butter, add crumbs and mix.
- Core and slice apples - peel them if you like, but it isn't necessary.
- Put have the macaroni in a buttered baking dish, add apples & sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and half the buttered crumbs. Add the rest of the macaroni and top with the remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, until apples are tender - covered for the first 30 minutes, uncovered at the end to brown.
beautiful recipe!! sounds tasty