Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has been in my family since I can remember. Rumor has it it was my grandma's (Dad's mom) recipe but Grandma (Mom's mom) says it is her recipe. The thing is it is absolutely delicious! I make it all year round but this is my signature thanksgiving side dish. Goes well with my puertorican apple BBQ turkey.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) can roasted red peppers (very well drained!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -4 medium Red Delicious apples
- Boil pasta until smooth and tender ( do not over cook).
- After draining pasta, in a big bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Drain roasted peppers very well, otherwise the salad will turn redish.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours. Serve cold.
Hi, This was really good. I used a red pepper just because that's what I had and what I like. Hey if you added raisins it would a favourite of Sids. The only thing I would due differently,( and maybe you do) is use a sweet onion vs a regular cooking onion. I will be making this again. Leanne