Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the best apple bread I've tried! It's moist and delicious. This also works well using Egg Beaters and unsweetened applesauce in place of half the butter or margarine.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple, peeled cored and shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nuts.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine, sugar and 1 egg until smooth.
- Beat in second egg, and stir in vanilla.
- Stir in shredded apples.
- Pour flour mixture into batter; stir just until moistened.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Place on a rack to cool.
I made this recipe with peaches instead of apples and it was amazing.
I followed Kree's instructions exactly and ended up with a golden loaf of scrumptious apple bread. I served this as a dessert tonight, along with Dee514's [recipe=67382]Cinnamon Ice Cream (for electric ice cream machine) #67382[/recipe] It was like a summertime apple pie, it was great! My family loved it. Thanks Kree, great recipe and I'll be doing it again!
Wow Kree! This was absolutely delicious! I didn't change a thing and the result was a beautiful, moist loaf of apple bread which I couldn't wait to let cool before tasting!! This will definitely be made again (and again, and again) in our house. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, Kree!