Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious, moist apple bread that contains no nuts.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or Penzeys Cake Spice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups granny smith apples, shredded
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour two 8x4x2 in loaf pans.
- In a bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- In a separate, larger bowl, combine eggs, apples, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in centre of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.