Recipe by Wineaux
A healthy snack for kids and grownups, too! Vegetarians can substitute the marshmallows with nuts or other small candies that contain no animal product, like vegan marshmallows! Can get the kids involved with making their snack, too. After an adult cuts the apple wedges, the child(ren) can assemble their "lips." How fun!
- 1 Red Delicious apple
- 2 -6 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter (Better yet, make your own and use less salt)
- 5 -20 miniature marshmallows or 5 -20 vegan marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and slice apple into 4 or 6 wedges. Take half of the wedges and spread with peanut butter on the top side.
- Take 5 or 6 miniature marshmallows and place on top of peanut butter next to the red edges.
- Spread the other half of the apple wedges with peanut butter and place peanut butter side on top of the marshmallows. red sudes together.