Recipe by MarraMamba
This sounds wonderful for 1 person who wants a special dessert. Easily doubled/quadrupled for larger amounts
Top Review by momaphet
Mine didn't come out nearly as pretty as Culinary Queen's photo, but it was still pretty good. I found the apple part to be a little too sweet and would only use 1 tsp of sugar only, I also added cinnamon and was glad I did. The whole thing tastes a little like an apple omlete. With having to cook the apple first and seperating the eggs etc. This is a little fussy for a dessert for one if you just want a little something sweet - next timeI'd just eat the apple.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 6 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add apple rings; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of sugar. Cook until tender, turning once.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolk, lemon peel and vanilla for 1 minute.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold in flour and remaining sugar. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Place apple rings in a greased 2-cup baking dish. Spread egg mixture on top.
- Bake at 350ºF. for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and set. Invert onto a serving plate.