Recipe by JenSmith
From Anne Gardon's "Preserving for All Seasons." I want to try this in the next year or so.
- 4 lemons
- 709.77 ml water
- 1360.77 g cooking apples (about 12 medium apples)
- 1419.54 ml sugar
- 6 mint sprigs, tied up in cheesecloth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut lemons in two and slice thinly, removing pits. Soak in water overnight. Cook over moderate heat until peel is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Peel and core apples. Cut in thin slices. Combine apples, lemons with their liquid, sugar and mint.
- Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat and cook until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Remove mint. Ladle into hot, sterilized jars and seal.
- You may sterilize this jam in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes, if desired.