Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another recipe I got from a magazine of WD. Posted here to save it before it gets ruined on its paper. A delicious dessert especially when you pour a bit of the Vanilla-Rum sauce over it. Recipe is at bottom of directions for this
- Heat oven to 350F Have a 13 x 9 shallow baking dish ready.
- Spread apple pie filling in baking dish. Layer bread in a single layer on top, overlapping slices shingle fashion.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk in a large bowl 2 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and Goldens and Cherries. Pour over bread, pressing bread down so it's completely saturated.
- Bake 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Vanilla Rum Sauce: Stir 1 Tbsp rum and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg into 1 cup melted vanilla ice cream.