1/5 Photos of Apple Lavender Muffins
From my local paper they say, "The resinous floral flavor of lavender is lightened by sweet apples in these muffins. Fresh or dry lavender flowers can be used interchangeably since their flavor and volume are nearly the same. Look for dried lavender in the bulk herb section of your grocer or natural foods store." Sounds too good to pass up...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Coat 12 muffin tins with cooking spray or line with muffin cups.
- 3In large bowl, sift together flour; sugar; baking powder and salt. Make a well in center.
- 4In separate bowl, whisk together milk, lavender; butter and egg. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir by hand just until batter is evenly moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup of the apples.
- 5Fill prepared muffin tins about three-quarters full. Gently tap filled tins to release any air bubbles.
- 6Sprinkle remaining diced apple over muffins. Bake until skewer inserted into center of a muffin comes our clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool muffins in pan about 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Lavender Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 223.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: