Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great dessert, good for a crowd. My daughter gave me the recipe.
- 8 pieces lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 (20 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream, mixed with
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, & chilled
- Cook lasagna according to package directions; drain.
- Spread one (1) can apple pie filling in a greased 9x13x2-inch pan, slicing any extra-thick apples.
- Layer 4 pices lasagna over apples.
- In a bowl, mix together cheese filling ingredients.
- Spread evenly over lasagna.
- Top with remaining four pieces of lasagna.
- Spoon remaining can of apple pie filling over lasagna.
- In a small bowl, crumble together topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle over apple filling.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces.
- Serve with sour cream.
Would you believe, that I have had this recipe for over 4 years, and finally made it! Today I served it to 10 people, who just could not get enough! This is so unbelievably good.
I did use 1 regular egg, that's what I had as well as full fat ricotta. otherwise all as stated. I am going to make this dessert many more times and so will the other 10, who had to have the recipe. Thanks for posting!!!
This was not one of my favorites although my husband did like it. The results just didn't seem worth the time it took to make this.
Words cannot express how wonderful I think this recipe is !! The sour cream topping is so delicious, and I must say that the almond extract is the perfect touch that sets this dessert above the rest. Canned pie topping never had it so good !! If I didn't fear bursting, I would finish off the whole thing tonite! But now, I have a spectacular snack to look forward to tomorrow!! Thank you so very much for this fabulous dessert !!! Teresa