Recipe by Sharon123
Red apples are decorated to look like lady bugs. This is a quick, easy, and fun snack that kids will enjoy making and eating. A raw recipe! This would be fun to put in the kids lunchbox too. Enjoy!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
These were so cute! DD & I made them for breakfast this morning. I let her choose either chocolate cheerios or craisins for the spots. She chose cheerios in the end because our craisins were huge & took up too much space. Since the stick pretzels we have turned out to be too fat, I cut a baby carrot into matchsticks and used those for the eyes. She loved using the peanut butter for glue! :) Thanks for posting, Sharon! Made & enjoyed for your cook-a-thon.
- 2 sweet red apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (or craisins)
- 1⁄4 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal (optional)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 8 thin pretzel sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice apples in half from top to bottom and scoop out the cores using a knife or a melon baller. If you have an apple corer, core them first, then slice. Brush or dip cut side of apples in lemon juice mixed with the water to keep from browning.Place each apple half flat side down on lettuce leaves(if using), then place on a small plate. The lettuce leaves help keep little fingers off the peanut butter.
- Dab peanut butter(or almond butter) on to the back of the 'lady bug', then stick raisins(or craisins) onto the dabs for spots. If using cheerios, place raisins inside of cheerios and stick on peanut butter dabs.
- Use this method to make eyes too. Stick one end of each pretzel stick into a raisin, then press the other end into the apples to make antennae.
- Kids will have fun playing with their food, then eating it!