1/3 Photos of Apple Ladybug Treats
Red apples are decorated to look like lady bugs. This is a quick, easy, and fun snack that kids will enjoy making and eating. A raw recipe! This would be fun to put in the kids lunchbox too. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice apples in half from top to bottom and scoop out the cores using a knife or a melon baller. If you have an apple corer, core them first, then slice. Brush or dip cut side of apples in lemon juice mixed with the water to keep from browning.Place each apple half flat side down on lettuce leaves(if using), then place on a small plate. The lettuce leaves help keep little fingers off the peanut butter.
- 2Dab peanut butter(or almond butter) on to the back of the 'lady bug', then stick raisins(or craisins) onto the dabs for spots. If using cheerios, place raisins inside of cheerios and stick on peanut butter dabs.
- 3Use this method to make eyes too. Stick one end of each pretzel stick into a raisin, then press the other end into the apples to make antennae.
- 4Kids will have fun playing with their food, then eating it!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Ladybug Treats
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet red apples