Recipe by LAURIE
This recipe comes from a little old German woman who I met at the pool. DD#3 is the lifeguard and introduced me Gisella who is from Germany and her husband from Holland. This is his favorite dessert. I asked her why she doesnt make it the traditional German way and her answer was because this is so much easier and then I have more time to come to the pool!....Duh LAURIE (roll eyes)....(its a 50+ free swim) I have not made it with the apples only with prediced peaches.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was very easy to make, I used fresh peaches to make ours. It tastes wonderful warm out of the oven. I used plastic wrap to press the cake mixture into the pan. The sour cream mixture does not drizzle well, so mine were more like big drops here and there. But weather drizzled or drops it was good eating! Thank you for sharing this recipe. Made for Zaar Tag 2006
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 (20 ounce) can apples, prediced (or peaches) or 2 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh baking apples like granny smith apples (or peaches)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cake mix in mixing bowl and cut in margarine and crisco with a pastry cutter or 2 knives until crumbly.
- Pat mixture into ungreased 13x9 pan and build up the sides slightly.
- Mixture is very crumbly so make sure to flour your hands well to work with it.
- Dot all over with the pecans.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350.
- Arrange apples on top of warm crust.
- Mix togethers cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle on top of apples.
- Blend sour cream and egg with a fork and drizzle over apples, it is not supposed to cover the apples so dont try to make it.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until pastry edges are lightly browned.
- Serve warm.