This recipe comes from a little old German woman who I met at the pool. DD#3 is the lifeguard and introduced me Gisella who is from Germany and her husband from Holland. This is his favorite dessert. I asked her why she doesnt make it the traditional German way and her answer was because this is so much easier and then I have more time to come to the pool!....Duh LAURIE (roll eyes)....(its a 50+ free swim) I have not made it with the apples only with prediced peaches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put cake mix in mixing bowl and cut in margarine and crisco with a pastry cutter or 2 knives until crumbly.
- 2Pat mixture into ungreased 13x9 pan and build up the sides slightly.
- 3Mixture is very crumbly so make sure to flour your hands well to work with it.
- 4Dot all over with the pecans.
- 5Bake 10 minutes at 350.
- 6Arrange apples on top of warm crust.
- 7Mix togethers cinnamon and sugar.
- 8Sprinkle on top of apples.
- 9Blend sour cream and egg with a fork and drizzle over apples, it is not supposed to cover the apples so dont try to make it.
- 10Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until pastry edges are lightly browned.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Kuchen (Or Peach)
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.2
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 340.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g