Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Recipe from The Bavarian Inn, Frakenmuth, Michigan altered to myself.
Make and share this Apple Kuchen recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml sugar, divided
- 14.79 ml vanilla, divided
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 170.09 g cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 354.88 ml peeled and chopped apples
- 354.88 ml peeled and thinly sliced apples
- 29.58 ml apple juice
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml rolled oats
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- Kuchen: Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl: combine butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 tablespoon vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Press crumbly mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes and cool.
- Beat cream chees, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tablespoon vanill until combined.
- Beat in egg and pour mixture over crust.
- Mix apples, apple juice, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Spoon over cheese mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Topping: Combine oats, flour, brown sugar.
- Cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over pie and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.