Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Recipe from The Bavarian Inn, Frakenmuth, Michigan altered to myself.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Kuchen: Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl: combine butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 tablespoon vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Press crumbly mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes and cool.
- Beat cream chees, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tablespoon vanill until combined.
- Beat in egg and pour mixture over crust.
- Mix apples, apple juice, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Spoon over cheese mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Topping: Combine oats, flour, brown sugar.
- Cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over pie and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.