Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's a somewhat simplified version of a German recipe, posted as I prepare myself fot Zaar's World Tour 4!
Top Review by weekend cooker
A very simple recipe, but the results were outstanding. I only used 1/4 cup of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon. The crust came out real good, was not too sweet, and all agreed that this was definately a top 10 for the year. Great topping too. Made for Zaar Stars.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease & flour a 13"x9" baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine margarine, cake mix & coconut until crumbly.
- Cover the bottom of prepared baking dish with this mixture, spreading evenly & patting down, building up edges to form a crust.
- Place apple wedges on top, arranging them evenly.
- Combine cinnamon & sugar, & sprinkle this mixture over apples.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream & egg, then drizzle this mixture on top of cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until apples are tender & edges are golden.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly & enjoy!.