Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups baking apples, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 egg yolks or 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cut butter into cake mix until crumbly.
- Pat misture lightly in to ungreased 13*9 pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Arrange apples on top of crust. Mix Sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over apples.
- Blend sour cream and egg drizzle over apples Bake 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- I have found that I need more of the sour cream and egg so I increase it by a bit.
What a delight served warm with ice cream on top! I substituted spice cake mix for the yellow cake and used real butter & it turned out perfectly. Thanks for a great and easy recipe.
I really liked the idea of using cake mix and butter for the crust...however I found it too gritty (from the sugar) for my liking. Maybe I didn't cut in the butter enough. However, this is very gooda! Enjoyed it with a lovely cup of tea. Thank you for posting.
Okay. This is the recipe that all my friends request all the time. I tell them I know how to make other desserts, but they do not care...they want APPLE KUCHEN!!! I use the Butter Flavored Yellow Cake mix and serve with vanilla ice cream...Make sure you don't overcook the crust...it gets really hard and almost unedible if you do!! I also use the egg yolks instead of the whole egg and use a can of apple pie filling (I rinse and drain all the gooey stuff) THIS IS ALWAYS A BIG HIT! ENJOY!!