Recipe by rusted_essence
A bariatric surgery friendly recipe. You can use Splenda brown sugar and it tastes ok. I sometimes drizzle cinnamon butter on top before I bake this, but it does keep it from being really crispy when you do that.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 cups peeled thinly sliced apples
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup low fat margarine
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (I use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray and 8x8-inch pan with the non stick spray.
- Spread apples evenly.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar and margarine till crumbly.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the cereal.
- Put over apples.
- Cook 20 minutes or until apples are tender and top is lightly brown.