Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Each year on the night of the Oscars, we fix a meal that has one item from each of the five nominated films for Best Picture. In 2008, "No Country for Old Men" was nominated and this recipe for kielbasa caught my eye. This food "traverses West Texas" as sausage is big in Texas. We tried it and really liked it. This is also a great breakfast dish with pancakes or oatmeal. Hope you like it, too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked kielbasa, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- In large skillet, bring sausage and apple juice to a boil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Drain, add jelly and syrup.
- Cook and stir until jelly is melted and sausage is coated.