Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Apple halwa is a fruit flavored mouth watering and healthy sweet dish prepared from grated apple fruit slices cooked with sugar, mava and spices like cardamom. A delicious dessert dish which can be served as a snack or after meal sweet! apple halwa is a special dessert which can be served on special occasions, garnished with chopped nuts.
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (kismis)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron strand (kesar)
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 4 apples
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder (elaichi)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (jaiphal)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- sliced almonds (badam)
- chopped cashews (kaju, kaju)
- sliced pistachios
- 1.Grate the apples and keep aside.
- 2.Heat the butter in a non-stick pan and add the apple and saute on a slow flame until brown in colour.
- 3.Add the sugar, saffron, rose water, cardamam powder, javintri powder and mix well.
- 4.Lastly add raisins and mix well.
- 5.Serve hot garnished with cashewnut, almonds, pistachionut.