3 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
A twist on the traditional roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onions in 1 tbsp butter or shortening in Dutch oven until tender-crisp; set aside.
- 2Brown roast in remaining butter or shortening in Dutch oven over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until browned on both sides. Pierce entire surface of meat with fork.
- 3Combine apple juice, catsup, salt, pepper, thyme, mustard and basil; add to meat. Top meat with reserved cooked onions; cover and cook slowly 2 1/2 hours or until almost tender.
- 4Brush sweet potatoes with lemon juice for bright color; add to meat. Continue cooking, covered, 30 to 40 minutes or until meat and potatoes are tender. Place meat and potatoes on warm platter.
- 5Sprinkle potatoes with chopped parsley or garinish with apple rings and parsley, if desired. Serve gravy over sliced meat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Juice Roast Beef
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.5
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 218.8 mg
- Sodium 661.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 57.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: