One day at a trip to an amusement park, I had an apple jolly rancher slushy. When I got home, I thought that I could make an alcoholic drink that tasted like an apple jolly rancher, and set to trying different things. I ended up with a relatively simple recipe that tastes quite good. Be careful though, it can sneak up on you because it does taste so good!! (Also if you want more of a martini-type cocktail, simply strain the liquor into a cocktail glass and omit the soda, it tastes good on its own)
- 3 fluid ounces apple vodka or 3 fluid ounces rum
- 1 fluid ounce sour apple liqueur
- 1⁄2 fluid ounce orange-flavored liqueur (grand marnier, gran gala, patron's orange, triple sec)
- carbonated lemon-lime beverage (anything clear or green tastes good, although I usually use sierra mist free)
- In a shaker with ice combine first three ingredients, and shake vigorously.
- In two tom collins glasses, strain liquor over ice.
- Top with soda (about 3 shots per glass, or as desired).
- Stir lightly and enjoy!