Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is best made with the "Granny Smith" apple juice. Wow what a great taste.
- 1 -11 1⁄2 ounce apple juice concentrate (frozen)
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package pectin
- 3 cups water
- Measure juice into a 6-8 quart saucepot.
- Add 3 cups water and stir.
- Measure sugar and set aside.
- Stir Fruit Jell pectin into juice and stir.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- At once stir in sugar.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, one that cannot be stirred down.
- Stirring constantly, boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off foam
- Immediately ladle into hot glass jars, leaving ½-inch head space.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling bath water.
- Makes 7/8-ouince jars.
I tried this jelly and it did not thicken. I am not why as I followed the direction exactly. The taste is great, just wish I could get it to thicken up.
I wrote a review last night, which hasn't shown up yet...saying it didn't thicken, well by this morning it did! So....just takes longer than others, not sure why! It's a beautiful jelly! Thanks for posting!
I used this recipe to make red pepper jelly.It worked out great. Just add 3tbsp. red crushed peppers and red food coloring to final mixture. Excellent on crackers with cream cheeze.