Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
Serve plain or with ice cream.
Make and share this Apple Jelly Compote recipe from Food.com.
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml apple jelly
- 14.79 ml lemon rind
- 14.79 ml orange rind
- 44.37 ml light rum
- 5 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- In a small saucepan place sugar, jelly, fruit rinds and rum. Cook 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Place sliced apples in a large saucepan.
- Pour syrup over apple slices, add cinnamon and raisins and mix well.
- Cook, partially covered for 18 minutes over medium heat.
- Transfer mixture to blender and puree.
- Cool before serving.
This is an extraordinary apple compote. The smell of the first part : apple jelly, lemon, orange rind and rum was amazing. I omitted the raisins. I used about 8 small apples. It's delicious. Thanks Nyteglori :) Made for Market tag.