Recipe by Nyteglori
Serve plain or with ice cream.
Top Review by Boomette
This is an extraordinary apple compote. The smell of the first part : apple jelly, lemon, orange rind and rum was amazing. I omitted the raisins. I used about 8 small apples. It's delicious. Thanks Nyteglori :) Made for Market tag.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 3 tablespoons light rum
- 5 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan place sugar, jelly, fruit rinds and rum. Cook 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Place sliced apples in a large saucepan.
- Pour syrup over apple slices, add cinnamon and raisins and mix well.
- Cook, partially covered for 18 minutes over medium heat.
- Transfer mixture to blender and puree.
- Cool before serving.