Recipe by LonghornMama
From The Southern Living Cookbook. Very simple jelly, perfect for the beginner. Great for last minute gift baskets. Uses hot water bath canning.
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 5 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apple juice and pectin in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar and bring to a full, rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove mixture from heat, and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Quickly pour hot jelly into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water bath 5 minutes.