Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This pie is so easy to make and is a little different from an ordinary apple pie in that the gelatin makes the filling red. It is especially delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 4 -5 pared cored sliced cooking apples
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder or 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 9 in. unbaked pastry shells or 1 unbaked 10-inch pie shell
- Arrange apple slices in pie shell.
- Sprinkle gelatin powder over the apples.
- Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and margarine until crumbly.
- Spread crumb topping over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour.
This turned out very well, although I expected more of a flavour from the gelatin powder. It turned the apple slices a nice bright red colour, but didn't affect the taste very much at all.